Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A knitting party . . . of sorts

I'm going to visit the Memphis Knitting Guild tonight. They have a dinner at 6 and a program at 7. I'm not sure how the dinner works since they meet in a library. I'm not going to dinner because I'm afraid I would feel like an intruder if it's a small group and just silly if it's a large group. So, I'm just going to the program. Hopefully I'll have good stories to tell tomorrow. I'll also try to show some of my current projects tomorrow.

Now for un-knitterly things! The house!



These are the roses next to our mailbox. The previous owners had not taken very good care of them but they still had these beautiful flowers when we first moved in. They're pretty much gone now.



This picture is for Brooke. She gave me the little canister on the end and she didn't even know that I had registered for the other canisters. Isn't it precious?



And lastly, we have a house guest! James's dad stopped by on Saturday on his way to Las Vegas and dropped off Maggie. A puppy is a wonderful thing. Especially since James is out of town this week.

3 Comments:

At October 25, 2005 5:12 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

I can't decide which is more precious, the canister or the puppy. Okay, the puppy. No, the canister. No really... the puppy is more precious. But the canister pulls a close second.

I'm SO proud of you for going to the Memphis Knitting Guild meeting! I can't wait to hear about it!

 
At October 26, 2005 8:41 AM, Blogger Joy said...

What beautiful roses! Gardening is such fun. I aspire to having roses one day. I hear you have good luck with them -- I'll have to pick your brain on caring for them when I finally get some. I didn't this year because we are thinking of trying to move next year and I hated to get started and then leave them behind!

Are you getting a puppy? Or are you just puppy-sitting?

 
At October 26, 2005 2:32 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

We will be getting a puppy sometime but right now we are just dog-watching for James's parents. It's good experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home