Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Dreaming Crazy Dreams

Last night at dinner James was kind of quiet.

"Why did you hit me last night?" he finally asked. I had no idea what he was talking about.

Apparently, he woke up in the middle of the night because I had punched him in the stomach. He was laying there unsure of what had happened when I punched him again. Harder. I was about the punch him again and he pushed me away, hard enough that I almost fell off the bed. At this point, I made some sort of screeching noise at him and lay down, apparently fast asleep.

I remember none of this. I had a lot of trouble convincing James of that. Once he finally believed that I had been acting out a dream, he wanted to know why I had been punching him in my dream. I told him that it probably hadn't been him in my dream, he'd simply had the misfortune to be in bed with me while I was living out my fight club dreams.
---

This morning I had a wonderful dream. Brooke, I think you'll especially appreciate this one.

In my dream James and I had bought a big, beautiful house. The house had the usual living spaces: kitchen, living room, dining room, master bedroom as well as a block of spare bedroom. We had moved into the basic living space. We were all unpacked and living very comfortably. I now needed to choose one of the spare bedrooms to turn into an office. I walked into the guest room hallway and saw 4 or 5 doors leading to guest rooms. I couldn’t believe it! I didn't remember the house being this big.

There was a staircase at either end of the hallway. I went up both and they both went the same place. Upstairs was a good sized study and a sanctuary. I then realized that we hadn’t bought a house but an old church. The downstairs had been the pastor’s living quarters and Sunday school rooms. The previous owner had converted the sunday school rooms to bedroom but had stopped there. That’s why we got it so cheap. I didn’t need to make one of the bedrooms my office, I could use the pastor’s office.

I walked into the sanctuary. It still had the pews and the pulpit. It looked like it was ready for a church service.

I couldn't imagine what we would do with this room other than make it into a ball room for all the big parties we never have.

Then I knew what we could do. I saw it so clearly, my heart skipped a beat. It would be the library. It was so beautiful it almost made me cry. The walls covered with floor to ceiling bookshelves. Couches and chairs for reading. A grand piano under the window. The platform converted into a reading nook. I had to find James. I had to tell James! I was so excited I couldn’t even see straight. I ran to the first man I saw and asked if he was James. I had to tell James.
---

It's not very surprising that I'm dreaming about a library because James and I have 10+ boxes of books and no where to put them. The church part isn't even that surprising. Who hasn't thought about how cool it would be to live in a church? Or maybe that's just me. And Vampires. Don't vampires live in old churches sometimes? I wasn't a vampire in my dream.

3 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 12:18 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

You mean like the library on Beauty and the Beast?!! That would rock my socks! I thought for a minute that you were going to say there was a nice shed out back that I could stay in. The living in a church dream sounds pretty cool, but the punching James in the stomach dream sounds even better. Heh.

 
At November 15, 2005 12:23 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

It would be a lot like the Beauty and the Beast library!

This house was big enough that you could squat in one of the guest rooms and we'd probably never know.

I thought punching James in the stomach was pretty funny too. It probaby didn't help that I kept lauging while trying to convince him that I really was asleep.

 
At November 15, 2005 2:35 PM, Blogger Joy said...

So you're still having those violent dreams? Perhaps you should have written something about that into your wedding vows - "I will love you even when you try to kill me while sleeping."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home