Wednesday, November 16, 2005

How stupid am I?

I finished the Isis wrap!


Doesn't it look pretty? The stitch pattern along the decrease edge is perfect. All the pieces are almost the exact same size. I can't find any anomalies in the stitch pattern. I can't even tell where I had to tink back.

So what could possibly be wrong? Remember when I said I thought it looked a little small? Yes. Maybe that should have been a clue. I was making the medium size wrap. The pattern says "knit until the entire piece measure 11 1/2 (12 3/4, 14) inches." So which measurement do I knit to? 11 1/2 of course. All three pieces. Because I remembered that I knit the first piece to 11 1/2 so that's what I knit all the pieces to.

I think we can all agree that I am an idiot.

So, did I put the pieces back on the needles and finish them? No. I started a new project. I don't know how anyone could expect me to keep working on a project I had just totally messed up.


I saw this scarf in a catalog and I thought it looked nifty. You can't really tell in this picture, but it looks like 12 i-c0rds sewn together.


My version doesn't look quite the same, but it's a lot of fun. I got to dig through my stash and find yarn that matches and is the same weight. I got to knit 8,000 i-cords while watching home decorating shows. I got to put together the i-cords and starting ribbing the scarf. I got to figure out how much yarn I need to save at the end to make more i-cords.

What's that? I could have fixed the wrap and pieced it together in the time that it took me to do all that? I don't know what you are talking about. I'm not knitting a wrap. I'm knitting a scarf.

3 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 8:50 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

The Isis Wrap is so beautiful! Maybe it will fit me? I hope you will work on it and fix it because I think it will be absolutely beautiful on you. You are not an idiot.

Clearly today was not fix-a-wrap day. Clearly today was make a really cool scarf day. I can't wait to see it all finished! Is it for me for Christmas?

(Why is it that I think everything you knit should be for me? I think we can all agree that I need not be so greedy.)

 
At November 17, 2005 7:58 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Silly Brooke. The Isis Wrap is clearly not for you, or she would have knitted it in orange. It's clearly for me.

Hmmm...I didn't get the memo about really-cool-scarf-day. Bummer. Love the pattern -- it's very intriguing.

 
At November 17, 2005 8:49 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

James seems to think that the scarf is for him. Even though he never ever ever wears scarves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home