Friday, December 02, 2005

Project Update!

I have been knit-knit-knitting away!

When I realized that Christmas was drawing near, I put aside my current projects (the i-cord scarf and the isis wrap) to work on Christmas presents. Last year I made a pair of felted slippers for the Christmas grab bag and they were a much sought after item. This year I'm making a pair for my mom and my sister and James's mom. Pete asked for a pair of mittens, but I don't know if I'll have time to finish mittens. Obviously, I absolutely could not have knitted any of these items earlier in the year.

So far I have finished one pair of Fuzzy Feet:

I'm hoping that they'll felt up to be purple with white flecks in them. If they are terrible, well, I made myself a pair of fuzzy feet!

And almost finished one pair of felted slippers:


I ran out of green yarn 10 rows from the end of the second slipper. I guess I'll just HAVE to go to the yarn store this weekend. Shucks.

Since the slipper needles are stuck in an unfinished slipper I decided to pick up the Isis Wrap last night. And I finished the left side! Horray! I'll finish the right side tonight. Hurrah!

Unfortunately there was no hope for the back. The stitches got hopelessly fuggled when I ripped back and there was no way I could figure out what row I was on and how many stockinette stitches I had on each side.

Remember the 6 pages of directions I painstakingly wrote out for the front pieces? I was a little ashamed that I had to do that. Now I am very glad I did. Those directions are the only reason I was able to finish the front pieces. I didn't write out the directions for the back and, as a result, I had to rip the whole thing. But it's all for the best. Now I know how to avoid the stair-steps on each side. And I really like the yarn and the pattern, so I don't think it will take too long to re-knit.

Right.

No time at all.

1 Comments:

At December 02, 2005 5:54 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

You _have_ been knitting away! I'm so proud of you. I love the purple and white fuzzy feet. I bet they turn out really great. I have to finish my fuzzy feet in time for Christmas, but only because I have to use Mom's washer to felt them.

I'm so sorry that you have to go to the yarn store this weekend. Please be careful and try not to cry.

A coworker of mine had on the greatest scarf today... it was sort of like your i-cord scarf, only all the i-cords were wicked tiny, so the stripes were very thin, and it had dozens of colors in it. I wanted to steal it from her, but she would only let me fondle the end of it a little. *sigh*

And GO YOU!!! on working to fix your Isis wrap! I can't wait to see it on you. Go ahead... knit on it... there's plenty of time until Christmas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home