Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Finis!

I have finished the Isis Wrap. Finally. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm not very good at seams but they don't look terrible. (At least not too terrible.) I think the sleeves look a little strange. They seem to end rather abruptly.

But the biggest problem? It looks ridiculous on me. I was prepared for this possibility so I’m not heartbroken. It needs to be at least 6 inches longer before it looks not silly on me. Sure, I considered it, but I don’t have enough yarn. I could make the sleeves longer but I can’t really think of a good way to do that. Know anybody who wants a little sweater?

After the sweater was done I finished this pair of mittens. These are knit out of some Manos Del Uruguay that Brooke gave me as a wedding shower gift. I like these and they fit me and I am keeping them. I might have to fight Sally for them though. She likes these far better than either the fuzzy feet or her toys.

After the success of the mittens I decided to try the Clapotis. I don’t remember what this yarn is. I reclaimed it from a bad sweater idea I had. (Hmmm. Is there a pattern here?) Of course, I am now looking at this yarn thinking it would be perfect for a child’s sweater. (I’ve made successful children’s sweater so this isn’t as bad an idea as it sounds.) So I’m going to continue working the Clapotis until one of the dropped stitches. If it doesn’t make my heart sing, I might tear it out and save it for a child’s sweater.

And just for your viewing pleasure, pictures of the dogs toys, before and after felting.

5 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

I like the Isis wrap! I am proud of you for finishing it, and I am sad that it looks silly on you, although I'm not fully convinced that it looks silly on you, as I haven't seen it on you, and it seems rather unfair of you to ask me to come to that kind of conclusion without seeing it on you.

The mittens are pretty! I'm thinking about mittens with my Manos, as the scarf isn't really spiking my punch, if you know what I mean.

You got that yarn at the only yarn store that was open on a Monday in Florida, remember? That crazy little yarn shop with the needlepoint stuff and the funny little old ladies? I remember. You'll have to tell me if you like the Clapotis thing, because I've never really understood the thrill of it, either.

I hope Sally likes her toys! I would like them if I were her! I would! I would leave the mittens alone!

 
At February 02, 2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Can I ask a dumb question? What is a clapotis?

The Isis Wrap looks beautiful laid out on the floor! Maybe you could try it on James - it would look sillier on him and then you'd feel better about wearing it yourself.

Love the mittens - they look super warm and ultra-tempting to a puppy. Bad Sally! Play with those felted balls!

 
At February 02, 2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Not a dumb question. I forgot the link. Claptis is a scarf pattern from Knitty. One woman in my knitting group was working on her third one. In a row. I can tell you right now, I don't love this pattern that much.

 
At February 03, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Thanks for the link. I like the photos - Clapotis is certainly a unique-looking scarf. Looks tricky. But I kindof like it!

 
At March 20, 2006 1:53 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Dog toys - too cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home