Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My Knitting Resume

I just read Brooke's latest post and I congratulated her "single-minded focus" and said that she was a "truly driven knitter." It occured to me that these sound like things you would put in a resume. How cool would it be to have a knitting resume?
  • Increased the winter comfort level of family friends through the use of hand-knitted hats, mittens, gloves, socks, and scarves.
  • Developed knitting patterns from inspiration in print and online media.
  • Increased knitting efficiency through new yarn and needle storage system.
  • Cataloged all electronic knitting patterns for increased knitting productivity.
Then I thought about my work resume, which I recently updated. I hate updating my work resume. It is painful and unutterably depressing. I actually considered not trying for the new job so I wouldn't have to update my resume. That's how much I hate my resume. So why is a knitting resume so fun and a work resume so disgusting? Shouldn't I be just as jazzed about my work as I am about my knitting? (Jazzed. Yeah. I said it.) Perhaps it is time for a new line of work.

3 Comments:

At December 14, 2005 8:31 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

I actually got to put knitting stuff on my resume when I applied for an editing position with a magazine that focused on crafty stuff like knitting and scrapbooking.

They never called me back. They were much too intimidated by my prowess and power.

 
At December 16, 2005 1:48 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Are you as depressed about your actual work as you are about your resume? Or is it just the resume thing that you hate?

Maybe you could teach at a local yarn store. Or at a community center. They are usually looking for people who are willing to teach what they know! Then you'd be excited about what you do AND about your resume! You could teach candy- and soap-making too!

 
At January 03, 2006 12:23 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Let's see some Kankuchoing in 2006, eh? Where's the WIPs? Where's the shoulder thing? Where's my Dot Pebbles? Where's the fuzzy feet? Where's the pictures of your family adoring their holiday spoils? Come on... give it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home