Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Spirit!

I finished the buttonhole scarf and it is a thing of beauty. James kept making fun of me because I kept trying it on while I was knitting it. Until I put it around his neck. Then he made that same little sigh that I made when I put it on. It's so soft. I think I should make one for everyone.


This weekend we put up our Christmas trees. We bought a cheap little tree for the living room. We could probably put a 10 foot tree in the living room but that seemed like an awful lot of work. This tree has sparkly lights and that's really all I require of my Christmas trees.


On top of the tree is an angel I knitted last year. Unfortunately the light at the top of the tree is red so it looks like the flames of hell are burning in her heart.


I also have a little tree in my office. This is the knitting tree. I put all the grab bag items under this tree. I plug both trees in at around 4 pm and they stay on all night. I love Christmas trees.

2 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 12:13 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

All I have is my little ceramic tree with the lights on it. I can't really get into the spirit of putting up something bigger when it's just me. Besides, I don't have an angel who's skirt is on fire. But I do have the tree out already, just in case someone comes over to see it. And there are presents, and there are stockings, and there is just a wee bit of Christmas cheer.

 
At December 08, 2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Joy said...

You guys are WAY ahead of me. I have a gingerbread man up. And a Christmas-y wreath on this little house that says "Bennetts." That's it.

I've been so tired and busy trying to get other things done that I haven't done anything else. I still have fall/harvest stuff out. Maybe this weekend.

I LOVE the scarf. It looks amazing. And the knitted Christmas angel is really nice. your knitting is so neat and even and beautiful! I aspire to that some day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home