Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Weekend Knitting Frenzy

Ok, it wasn't really a knitting frenzy, though I did start two new projects.

1. Button Hole Scarf
I went to the yarn store a few weeks ago and my mother-in-law was with me. While there she saw a button-hole scarf she liked. So this weekend I went to the yarn store and asked about said scarf. They supplied me with the pattern and told me it was knit from "Touch Me." I found a pearly white color that is very pretty. When I checked out the total came to a lot more than I was expecting. I inspected my receipt and realized I had missed the "1" in front of the "5.95" for the Touch Me. She had better REALLY like this scarf. If I can part with it. It is the softest scarf I have ever made.

2. Skull Mittens
I mentioned that Pete wanted mittens for Christmas. I had decided that I really don't have time to make mittens so I went ahead and cast on for a pair of mittens. I found a pattern for Morphing Skull Armwarmers and I thought I could easily make it into a pair of mittens. Because I am making quite a few changes, I decided to try one in my size first. I figured if they went up to my elbow, they'd go a little more than half way up my brother's arm. Well, there is only room for four of the pattern repeats and the calculations don't work so well. The wrist is so tight that I can't get my hand through it. And I think the red and white looks a little girly. I'm not sure if I'm going to pursue these or not.

And in existing projects:

1. Fuzzy Feet
I felted them. They are tiny. I can just stuff my feet into them. The white and purple part felted up tighter than the toes and heel, which didn't felt hardly at all. I'm not sure what to do about those either.

2. Green Slippers: Still not done. I bought more yarn and then realized that I had made a mistake at the beginning of the second slipper. So I have to start that one over. Haven't done it yet.

3. I-Cord Scarf
I pick this up whenever I realize that I have made a mistake or something hasn't worked out right. It is now 12 inches long.

4. Isis Wrap: No more progress. I should probably be picking this up when I get discouraged with other things, but I am totally paranoid that I am going to mess it up again. I seem to be making a hella lot of mistakes lately.

3 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 6:38 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

That red and white is way more manly than the light blue and white they used on the site. The site, which, by the way, I love. I can't wait for more issues. I really love the morphing snowflake... I think you need to make some of those for Pete.

The scarf is pretty, too... better be for 16 bucks a ball, eh?

Yay! The fuzzy feet turned out wicked cute! Do you know someone with smaller feet than you?

 
At December 07, 2005 9:00 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I kind of like the anti-craft website, but sometimes it's a little too full of angst. And trying too hard to be clever. I was looking at one pattern and the difficulty was listed as "moonbeam sun princess" or something. Just say beginner or intermediate.

 
At December 07, 2005 10:36 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Red and white is very festive, and, at least on the digital image, the red seems dark enough to be manly. Especially if the snowflake morphs into something manly.

Yeah, got any young nieces who could wear them?

I need to get this fuzzy feet pattern. I know a few people who would love those! They are very cute. There was no way to know how the felting would work ahead of time. That doens't count as a mistake - just an unfortunate occurrance. Much different!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home