Thursday, January 05, 2006

Christmas Wrap Up

I don't want to hear anything about how long it's been since I posted. I got issues.

We had a wonderful Christmas. We spent Christmas Day with my family and New Year's with James family. I managed to get all but two of the Christmas presents finished. My mom loved her slippers. She only took them off to go outside. And James Mom loved the scarf. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of her wearing it.

I got lots of wonderful presents. My family gave me some kitchen cotton and Cotton Tots yarn. James parents gave me Knitting on the Edge, Knitting Vintage Socks, and Folk Shawls. Brooke gave me the awesomely wonderful Knitted Babes. She has already put in an order for one of the dolls and I have already decided that I have to make all of them immediately! James gave me a Ball Winder and Swift! Yes! A ball winder and swift. It has been a very busy setup for the past couple of weeks. I went through all my yarn and wound everything that could possibly need winding. And as an early birthday present, he gave me this wrist ball holder. He thought it might be useful on long car trips. I've been using it just because it's nifty.

I finished Amy's slippers and I'll mail them soon. They felted up a little bit small, just a tiny bit and I'm hoping they'll stretch. I'll finished Julie's slippers tonight and then it's back to the Isis Wrap! Oh yes! I am going to finish it!

This weekend we are going puppy hunting. You'll hear all about that next time on: Kankucho.

2 Comments:

At January 05, 2006 1:26 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Girl, you ain't got issues, you got subscriptions. I can't believe how long it's been since you last posted. I've been so lonely without you.

I still hate you because you got a swift and ball winder, I'm still waiting for my Dot Pebbles, the wrist thingie is a little weird, and I can't wait to meet your new puppy. YAY for puppies!!!

 
At January 05, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Joy said...

HURRAY! You're back! I've been here checking every day and after days of tears, at last! A post! And pictures!

All your knitting books and gadgets are totally cool. I can't wait to see the projects you finish this year!

What kind of puppy? Do you realize what you're getting into? I guess a puppy is good practice for babies. Not that you're in a hurry for that. I'm just saying. You'll get used to cleaning up another creature's poo and pee. And drool. And dealing with gas. Our dog's farts used to drive us from the room they were so bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home