Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Out with the Clapotis and in the Blanket!

Well, the Clapotis receives the official seal of disapproval. I worked to the first dropped stitch and I think it just looks sloppy. I know this picture doesn't show it very well, but trust me. The bars of the dropped stitches don't lay nice and flat like the pictures show and I keep imagining all these dropped stitches catching on everything.

When I roll it out like this I have to admit that I love the yarn. So, I'm frogging this and saving the yarn for a child's sweater.

This weekend I organized all of my loose knitting patterns and I came across this pattern for a lace paneled baby blanket. I thought it looked fun, so I started it. It is fun. And it makes my heart sing.

I found a ball of Patons Cotton Grace in my stash. Sure I only have one ball, but I can probably get more right? Brooke has a little bit of a skein left that she has offered up in The Traveling Stash. I'll be able to find more.

And in Knitting Olympics news, I haven't actually joined or chosen a project but I am driving up to Cincinnati for the opening ceremonies! Estimated departure in 43 hours and counting!

4 Comments:

At February 08, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Ooh! I love those leaves! I need a copy of that pattern! I'm really good at finishing blankets! Please please please?!?! The ginger Paton's Grace is all yours, and we could maybe find some time to hit Michael's this weekend... I think I even have a coupon or two! w00t!

 
At February 08, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Very pretty - very pretty. Can't wait to see it in person!!!!

Hurray for a road trip to Cinci!

You know... there's a Michael's really close to my house! ;)

 
At February 08, 2006 3:59 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I was kind of hoping we could visit Michael's this weekend. There isn't one around here. Well, there is but it's 45 minutes away in the middle of a bad part of town. I'd rather go to your Michael's.

 
At February 08, 2006 7:40 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

There's a Michael's even closer to my house than there is to Joy's house! Go to my Michael's! Mine!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home