Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bunnies and Blankets


Well, the knitted babe is coming along quite nicely. That's because I've run into a little problem with the blanket. But first the knitted babe.

I present to you Bunny. (I think it's a silly name but that's what the book calls her.)

I still have to sew on her eyes and mouth and she needs more clothes but for now I am quite pleased with her in her hat, underpants, and shoes.

I'm working on a sweater for her. It still needs sleeves and I have to figure out how to close it in the back. Fun fun fun.

Now the blanket: The problem arose when I turned the corner. I decided to do a knitted on border because I hate doing seams and I found a blanket pattern that assured me I could do a knitted on border. All I had to do is work three rows in the corner and the border would turn nicely. That was a lie. I should have known it was a lie. I don't know why I believed it. Yes, I do. I believed it because I wanted it to be true.
Now I'm not sure how to proceed. I have no idea how many rows I should work in the corner. I even tried to find a scallop I could work into the corner. I really don't want to rip back the whole border and start over. Anybody got any ideas?

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2006 12:42 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Bunny is so cute, even if she does like to prance about in her skivvies.

I got nothin' for the blanket border -- that is something I've never attempted. What would the Yarn Harlot do, I wonder?

 
At July 27, 2006 2:13 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Bunny is adorable. I especially like her hat. I can't wait to see how her sweater turns out.

As for the blanket, what if you did a plain stockinette or garter short row corner? Let's say you have 20 stitches for the lace pattern border. Get to the corner of the piece, work 18 stitches in from the edge, turn around and go back, work 16 and back, work 14 and back, work 12 and back, work 10 and back, See how it looks at this point, if you're halfway to turning the corner, then start adding two stitches per row (and back) until you get back to 20. Does that make sense? It will be a plain corner, but hopefully it will at least lay flat.

If you don't like that, I think I have a book with a couple of lace borders that turn corners. Gimme a call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home