Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Sally!


Today is Sally's birthday. Well, we don't know that for sure but she was 6 months old when we got her and we've had her for exactly 6 months so I am proclaiming today her birthday. So, in honor of Sally's birthday here are 10 things I love about Sally:

1. She fervently loves everyone and everything she meets.
2. She knows two very important words: outside and walk.
3. If she thinks there is even a remote possibility that she's getting a treat, she sits.
4. She is convinced that there is something interesting buried in the yard.
5. She firmly believes that all pillows belong to her.
6. When she gets really excited she tears around the yard at top speed.
7. When she's playing outside she likes to come in and check on me once in a while.
8. She can have hours of fun with a cherry that fell off the tree.
9. Any time is a good time for a nap.
10. She has made it her duty to protect us from all unusual noises and local wildlife. A duty she takes very seriously.

Happy Birthday Sally! We're so glad you found us.



And now on to the knitting. I did in fact, finish the body of the blanket when I said I would. I then spent the next week trying to decide what border to put on the blanket. I wanted something leafy with scalloped edges.

I finally settled on this. Of course, now I'm second-guessing my choice because the leaves don't quite lay flat. I guess I should have expected that.

When I became frustrated with the blanket border I needed a new project. I briefly considered knitting the other front piece of the sweater but 7 inches of ribbing didn't really interest me, so I started a knitted babe!

Now, rather than be disappointed that I abandoned the sweater, let's be impressed at how long I managed to wait before starting a knitted babe. So far I have one body piece and one arm done. I don't seem to be terribly committed to any project at the moment.

4 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, Sally! If I'd have known, I'd have sent gifts. I'm so happy that you're so happy and Brenda is so happy and it's all happy happy!

Your blanket looks great. Maybe some blocking or steaming will help the leaves lay flat when you're all done?

 
At July 13, 2006 8:45 PM, Blogger Joy said...

What a cute little one-year-old!

The baby blanket is beautiful. I love the leaf border and I'm so impressed that you got the blanket done!

Which bebe are you making?

 
At July 21, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I love the blanket. VERY impressive. It is beautiful.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SALLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SALLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SALLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! (in my perdiest voice)

 
At July 27, 2006 1:12 AM, Blogger Joy said...

How's the knitted babe coming along? I'm so curious!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home