Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hello from Wyoming!

I've put off posting long enough. There are so many things to tell you that it's a little overwhelming, so I'm going to start off small.

First, Knitting
The baby blanket hasn't progressed very far but I've finished the back of the sweater and started the left front. I also knit a pair of baby booties just because I wanted to finish something. I really want to make another Knitted Babe, but I've resisted thus far.

Moving
We're almost completely moved into the main part of the house. I'm finishing up the office and the bedroom this week. All of my yarn made the move safely. In fact, the only broken items we've found thus far are two pictures and a lamp and that is due to poor packing, not poor moving. The current challenge is figuring out with is in each box. Most of the remaining boxes are labeled "Books" or "misc." We have a lot of books but in this case anything made of paper is considered a book: printer paper, magazines, files, post it notes. Opening each box is exciting, but a little annoying too. Especially when James thinks I know where everything is.

Baby
The baby is having an all-night party in my belly, which is kind of annoying. Until it stops. Then I start poking the baby or eating ice cream, which is the best way to get the party started again. Tomorrow, if the baby cooperates, we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about that.

Sally
Sally is settling in nicely. It took a few weeks for her to realize we're staying here and she still gets very upset if we leave her alone. She loves the back yard but she is very good at escaping. Last week our next door neighbors invited us over to their house. I thought it would be nice to let Sally play in the back yard while we were gone but by the time we got to the neighbor's front door, Sally was trotting by on the sidewalk. The neighbors have a couple of dogs so they very graciously invited Sally into their house as well. That had to be the best night of her life. At one point she was laying the floor, exhausted, a huge smile on her face, while the neighbor's dog chewed on her legs.

That's a very quick update. Sorry no pictures this time. Soon. Soon there will be pictures.

3 Comments:

At June 08, 2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Kimmie said...

I'm glad you are all moved in and getting settled. You'll have to tell us more about Wyoming - I've never been there and I'd like to hear about it!

 
At June 09, 2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Joy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At June 09, 2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Joy said...

I deleted my previous comment because I accidentally used your last name and figured perhaps you wouldn't want that. Sorry!

Anyway, what I also said was, Three cheers for a post from you!!!!

Hurray for fun nights with friends! I bet Sally will feel much more settled now that she has little doggie friends.

Hurray for better movers!

And Hurray for peeks at unborn baby partiers! Can't wait to hear the news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home