Thursday, April 27, 2006

Knitting Update

Finally!

The long promised DNA model



Isn't it clever?

The Pixie Hat

The design is done in duplicate stitch. I've always avoided duplicate stitch because it seemed silly to go back and add something you could just knit in the first place. But this time I did what the pattern said and I LOVE duplicate stitch. It's a change from knitting and it's actually a lot of fun. I re-did several sections of the embroidery many times because I kept messing up. But I think I'm happy with it now.

The Baby Blanket


The body of the blanket is now officially halfway done and if I keep working at least two rows a day, it will be done sometime in July. I'm going to do it!

The Ribbon Sweater

I cast on for the Ribbon Sweater from Knitting for Two. This is the yarn I bought at Lambikin's Jungle Jim's while I was in Cinci a few weekends ago. I love this yarn. My gauge swatch came out to exactly the gauge called for in the pattern. How often does that happen? Now I just have to get through the 7 inches of ribbing before the lace pattern starts.

American Idol
If I had managed to post after the performance show I would have said "Now that Ace and Bucky are gone who am I going to hate? I liked Chris and Katharine best and I think Kelly is going this week. She hasn't been bringing it lately."

Since I am posting after the eliminate show I'll say "Paris has been in the bottom three several times. She'd better get it together next week, unless it's already too late. Dum dum dum!"

And Just for Good Measure

A picture of Sally.

3 Comments:

At April 28, 2006 2:23 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Your DNA model is silly.

I LOVE the pixie hat! I hope you'll make one for my baby if I ever have one!

Your blanket looks great! I'm so proud of your progress!

Isn't it amazing that Jungle Jims sells yarn now? I just love the color you picked out.

It's been so long since I've watched American Idol, I don't even feel like I know anything anymore. Sigh. But good call on Kelly. Smartypants.

 
At April 28, 2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Wow! The pixie hat looks GREAT! I LOVE it!

Keep plugging on that blanket. You can DO it!

The DNA model looks like something a baby would really enjoy munching on. Great size for little hands and little mouths. I do hope it's washable -- unless James is keeping it for good!

I need to find this yarn section of Jungle Jims.

 
At May 03, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Joy said...

any thoughts on american idol before tonight's results show? i didn't see it last night, so the Brenda-Breakdown would be awesome! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home