Friday, March 17, 2006

Trips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

Ah! So many things to share and none of them related to knitting.

First let's discuss American Idol. I think we were all pleased with the results. Now we can get down to the business of voting off Bucky and Ace.

I wasn't terribly impressed with this week's show. Everybody did ok. The only performance that stood out to me was Kelly Pickler's. She sang well and she convinced me that she understood what she was singing. Unlike Paris, who sang remarkably well but didn't seem to understand exactly what she singing. Fever is a very sultry song and she sang it like a pop song.

Taylor Hicks was his spastic self and I thought Chris's version of Walk the Line was a little odd. I didn't particularly like Elliot and Bucky and Ace were terrible. Kevin's gone. Let's leave it at that.

---

My father-in-law came into town last night. He's going to help James work on the deck. Who came along with my father-in-law? That's right. A little dog. It took a little getting used to, but Sally and Maggie are getting along fine. Sally is about twice as big and 20 times more energetic than Maggie. But Maggie is holding her own and Sally is calming down a little. I've had my hands full trying to mediate playtime, do the laundry, and get the house ready for the realtor.

That's right the realtor is stopping by tonight and the house is going on the market. I'm not spending too much time trying to plan what will happen next. James is worrying enough for both of us.

---

I should probably post about our trip to Wyoming but I'm running out of time right now. Suffice to say that Wyoming is beautiful, though somewhat knitting impaired. I'll have to go to Salt Lake to fill my yarn needs.

I think this view makes up for it though.

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2006 7:12 AM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Wow. That view picture made me forget everything else in your post. When can I come visit?

Oh, I guess I should probably wait until you actually move, hmmm?

I didn't get to watch the actual singing show, but I did rejoice with the rest of the nation on Wednesday evening. I do love the send-em-home shows.

I can't wait to see the entrelac project that you're starting. *taps foot*

 
At March 24, 2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Is that really where you are moving??? That is AWESOME! I want to come too!

I saw some of the singing, and I have to disagree about Chris. I really liked his interpretation of "Walk the Line." Then there's the way they manage to make Kelly look SO ditzy every week. Ryan Seacrist can never make it through a show without laughing outloud at her.

In other TV show news, have you watched "The Office?" Pam reminds me SO MUCH of you when she does silly things... like last night when she made up diseases to be covered under a new health insurance plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home