Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Living in a Gold Fish Bowl

Well, I didn't post about last week's American Idol because things have been a little frenetic around here. We listed the house last week and someone was already scheduled to view it. So we had a week of frenzied house cleaning and then a weekend of frenzied yard work. We work best under deadlines around here. We still have to clean the garage and I spend every morning straightening the house and cleaning, just in case. A couple I know is also trying to sell their house and they have three girls under the age of 6. I don't know how they can manage it.

Tonight is another big cleaning night because tomorrow we are flying back to Wyoming! Hopefully we'll return with a new house.

Despite all the chaos I managed to finish the DNA model and put in some time on the baby blanket. I'll post pictures of the DNA model in my next post. You can mock the DNA model all you want but it was fun and it's gotten me out of knitting funk! When I showed James the finished model he knew what it was (1 point for me) and he thought it was very clever (another point for me). But when I told him that I made it more as a joke and that I might give it to Sally, he said that was out of the question and he disappeared with the model. It now sits on his desk and is apparently his.

While digging out the yarn for the model I came across some yarn that I stole that Brooke gave me that would make a lovely baby hat and I bought a couple of new knitting books: Knitting Rules! and Knitting for Two. Knitting Rules! arrived yesterday and I am enjoying it immensely. Knitting for Two should arrive next week.

---

Now: AMERICAN IDOL!

The last two weeks were boring. The best part of last week was Simon's inane comments. He told Chris that he'd crossed the line because "Creed would never appear on American Idol." I guess I missed it last season when Live and the Chili Peppers made guest appearances. He also told Paris that her performance was "precocious." Really? You think? And yet her performance of Fever was not?

This week Simon wasn't ridiculous but everything else was. The songs were boring and the performances were ho-hum.

Ace was terrible, as always. It's time for him to go. We've been subjected to his nasally, whiney voice long enough. I thought Paris was very weak. But then, I hate that song. And I thought it was interesting that Kenny Rodgers told Bucky to enunciate and then I couldn't understand a single word he sang. Way to go Bucky.

I thought Kellie and Katherine did the best.

When are they bringing back the guest judges? The guest judges were awesome. They made ridiculous, inane comments, and they made the show so much fun.

3 Comments:

At April 06, 2006 9:07 AM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

How desperately sad would you be if we stopped mocking you? I mean, wasn't that the whole point of blogging, so that we could mock each other more often, and in more of a public setting? Okay, you're right. Maybe that wasn't the entire point. Anyway, I'm glad that your DNA model was a hit, and even more glad that it got you out of your knitting funk. Sometimes the craziest projects can do that.

I agree about the guest judges. They blew so much sunshine... even more than Paula Abdul! I miss my Mandisa already.

 
At April 06, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Joy said...

xfffffeddeen v

- from Anna

OK, now that I've regained control of the computer...

I am so with you on the Bucky thing. I think I managed to make out one line of the chorus. I like Katherine and Taylor and Chris for the final three. I had Mandisa in there for the top four, but that got shot down last night. Yeah it was a bad song choice, but come on!

Bring back the guest judges - what a concept! Everyone's so cranky now that we're stuck with Simon sniping at Ryan.

Can't wait for the baby knitting pictures! Enjoy your trip and have fun house-hunting! We hope to be doing the same this summer. If we can get our stupid van fixed. Otherwise we'll have to buy a van instead and wait another year for a house. :(

 
At April 10, 2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Well....? Do you have a house????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home