Monday, June 12, 2006

And it's a . . .

Girl! The doctor wouldn't say that with 100% confidence, but he had a pretty clear view and he said a boy would have been very obvious.

Can't tell what that picture is? Don't worry. I can't either. The doctor said it's a leg. (The long white line is the femur.) The baby is big enough that only portions of her body fit into each picture. The only parts I could make out during the ultrasound were the spine and the heart. James, of course, claimed to see everything clearly.

I know that someone who reads this blog will be pleased to hear that, according to the ultrasound my due date is October 3rd.

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 3:57 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! That's the BEST date EVER!!! You know, cuz people have their babies exactly on their due dates all the time and stuff. :) YAY! That's so exciting! I can't wait to meet Esmerelda! :)

(Hmm... perhaps that lilac garden sweater will come in handy after all...)

 
At June 12, 2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Joy said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY! A little girl!!! I'm surrounded by baby boys right now, so I'm SOOO excited for a girl!

September 22 wouldn't be a bad birthday either -- it's Sam's, plus it would be 2 weeks early! not so early as to be dangerous, but enough that you aren't sitting around twiddling your thumbs and going crazy from being so huge and uncomfortable. :)

ooooo.... my word verification spells a word today! rrride!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home