Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Success!

I turned the corner! Brooke's suggestion of using short rows got me thinking. So after several pieces of graph paper and lots of thinking and counting, I dove in!

The vine pattern is fairly straightforward so I thought I might be able to keep that going while I did short rows. And if I only did short rows up to the leaves, the leaves might just bend around the corner. And it worked! For once, one of my hair brained schemes worked! The vine pattern got a little sloppy out at the corner but on the whole I am very pleased! I am almost to the next corner and hopefully I can repeat my success.

Now the next concern is that I am going to run out of yarn. I had two skeins left to do the border. That would be two sides for each skein. Unfortunately, the first skein only made it through 1 ½ sides. If I do run out of yarn, I’ll have to put the blanket aside until I go to MI in 2 weeks. I should be able to get more yarn there.

3 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 4:22 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

EXCELSIOR! Congratulations on a successful vine turn! You rock my socks. (Gonna come see me while you're in Michigan? Huh? Huh?)

 
At August 06, 2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Hey - I just came from Michigan! Congratulations on learning how to drive like a normal human being. We are still reeling from the insanely high number of insane drivers on the interstates there.

The corner looks great! Does Bunny have any outer-wear to cover her underwear yet? :)

 
At August 13, 2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home