Friday, September 01, 2006

Back Home!

Hello my lovelies! I have returned from the great state of Michigan. I've actually been back for about a week but the trip took a lot out of me and it took a while to get back into the swing of things.

So, before we get to the knitting:

Baby Update
Only 5 weeks (or so) to go. It's a little mind boggling. At my last appointment a few days ago the doctor determined that the baby is still breech. He said it's nothing to worry about but he has scheduled a sonogram for three weeks from today. If we're lucky I'll have more indiciferable pictures to post!

Around the House
We have two plum trees in our back yard and while I was gone the plums ripened.

It seems a waste not to use them, so I now have 12-15 pounds of plums in the kitchen, waiting, watching me. Smelling oddly perfumey.

I've already made one batch of jelly. Once I get the proper tools I'll make another batch. I briefly considered canning the plums but the only canning directions I have call for 30 pounds of plums and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try canning yet. Jelly is adventurous enough for me right now. I'll probably end up freezing most of them.

Yarn Harlot
The Yarn Harlot makes a stop in Salt Lake City next Friday! Right now I'm planning to attend. The only thing that will stop me is if my belly gets much bigger. If it does, I won't fit behind the steering wheel. Should that happen, I will cry and cry and try to convince myself that the Yarn Harlot will come back to SLC sometime.

Now . . . on to the Knitting!

I finished the baby blanket! I don't have a picture because I had to mail it back from Michigan. (I came back with a lot more than I took. Don't judge me. They have stores in Michigan that sell maternity clothes. I now have four pairs of pants instead of just one. It feels so extravagent!) Anyway, I matched up the two ends of the border pretty well and on the whole I am very pleased.

I found this little gem tucked away somewhere just waiting to have the sleeves sewn in. I started it for a friend but I made so many mistakes that I couldn't bring myself to gift it, let alone finish it. Now all I have to do it embroider rose buds on it.


While waiting for one of my flights I started the other front piece for the ribbon tie sweater. This is all that got done because pregnancy, air travel, and I do not make good company. I did do some serious thinking and calculating and came to the conclusion that I am one skein short. Not surprisingly, I did the math wrong when I first figured how much yarn I would need. But that doesn't matter because I have put this sweater aside in favor of . . .

Baby Socks! Yes, they have no mates. Don't judge me. My attention span is about as long as . . . a very small thing. (I'm not going to tell you how long it has taken me to write this post.)
Next time: Did I make more jelly or did the plums all rot? Perhaps I forgot I started the jelly in favor of taking a nap. Do any of the socks have mates? Was I able to finish anything I started?

5 Comments:

At September 01, 2006 2:57 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you had a good time in Michigan and that you have been so successful in your knitting! You know I would never judge you. My blog has enough evidence of my short attention span and mateless socks, baby or otherwise. And I think it's PLUM terrific (nyuk nyuk) that you have such a big plum harvest... gee, I've never tried plum jelly, it sounds really good... :)

and last but certainly not least: YAY BABY!!! :)

 
At September 01, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Joy said...

those socks are so cute. you'll definitely be glad to have warm socks for little bambino during the cold cold wyoming winter. who cares if they have no mates? You have four -- that makes two pairs!

 
At September 09, 2006 8:48 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Did you go? Did you go? Did you? Did you have a good time? Did you get to go? I hope you got to go! I wanted you to be able to go! I hope you went! Tell us about it! We need to know!

 
At September 15, 2006 10:01 PM, Blogger Joy said...

We have tangible proof that you went -- I saw your picture on the Yarn Harlot's blog!!!! Tell us -- how did it go? How was the drive??? How are you feeling?

 
At September 18, 2006 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Brendito,

So it looks like according to your last post you should be going to the doctor sometime this week or early next. How are you feeling? How was the yarn harlot? Did you get everything you need for the baby? What can I send?

By the way, Beautiful booties...who cares if they have mates did you ever see pipi long stocking? She didn't need any mates!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home