Friday, September 29, 2006

Birthdays and Baby Showers

Announcement!

James and I have chosen the baby's birthday. It will be October 3rd. How can we be so sure? Because we have put it in our birth plan of course.

Seriously people, that would be silly. We have scheduled a c-section for Tuesday morning. Originally the doctor said we could wait until I went into labor and see if she still had not turned. On Wednesday that offer was taken off the table. The new offer was the 28th or the 3rd. When I asked if we couldn't wait until the 5th (my parents are flying in on the 3rd) I was told "not really." I'm not entirely sure why. I was a little too overwhelmed to get out many questions.

The wonderful thing about the 3rd is that she will share her birthday with someone famous: our very own Drunken Monkey! I think that's a good omen.

To celebrate this momentous decision, Brooke threw me a baby shower last night. Well, a baby shower in a box. It came with games, prizes, gifts, and even guests! We had a great time.

There was some dispute over the baby name game. We had to come up with as many names as possible using on the letters in James and Brenda. Brooke said that "Name" didn't count as an actual name and while she let me have "Nareda" Joy said I was "pushing it." But it didn't really matter because Mom Higgins won anyway.

After the games I opened my gifts. I got lots of great stuff including a monkey soap dish and a monkey pez dispenser. I also got "Natural Knits for Babies and Moms." The author even signed it for me! You can also see that I got my very own orange and brown yarn to make a pumpkin hat! (I might have to start that tonight.) Brooke also knit me a beautiful little baby sweater. I seem to remember when she posted about this on her blog. I also seem to remember demanding that she give it to me. She's so obliging.

All in all it's been a good week here in Wyoming. I'll try to post one more time before the baby arrives. I still have to show you our new carpet (mostly) and make-shift baby room!




3 Comments:

At September 29, 2006 1:57 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

What a beautiful time we all had. Everyone LOVES shower games. I'm SO excited to have a birthday-sharer! Yay for double birthday parties! Can't wait to meet the little darling... hope all goes well next week! I love you!

 
At September 29, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Yes, thanks for having me to your baby shower, even if you WERE getting a little crazy with the baby names. Nareda? Come on!

I'm so excited for you guys -- can't wait to see baby pictures, esp ones with a little pumpkin hat and baby sweater modeled. I"m sure you will all do fine!

 
At October 02, 2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so excited for you and James. Knowing you, you have packed everything you own to take to the hospital...lol Good luck tomorrow I wish all three of you the best and am so excited to see pictures. Once your feeling up to it I am sure we will all be waiting anciously by our computers and phones.

Love ya!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home