Friday, December 08, 2006

Not a Knitting Post

Oh my dear friends, it has been so long.

For anyone who hasn't heard, on October 3rd we welcomed Katherine Rene to our family. She weighed 7 pounds and 15 ounces and was 18 3/4 inches long.


Since that eventful day I haven't done much knitting. Right now I am working on a pair of slippers. They are supposed to be a weekend project so I figure I should be able to finish them in a couple of months.

So in the meantime you get to see baby pictures. You know how this goes. I show you endless baby pictures and you pretend to be interested while you're actually thinking about what to have for dinner tonight.

Here she is all bundled up in her car seat. Thus far it hasn't been cold enough to need any of her extreme winter protection. She's about 5 weeks in this picture and she's already holding her head up. I just know she's going to do great things that require holding her head up and looking interested.
Here she is wearing the sweater that Brooke knit her. Isn't it fabulous? I love seeing her all dressed up. She looks like a real person.

Wiggle Time! Every morning she lays on the floor, squirms around, and talks to me. I really look forward to this time since the rest of the day is pretty much sleeping, eating, and screaming.

OK. That's enough for now. I'll bring more pictures next time! I know you just can't wait.



7 Comments:

At December 09, 2006 6:52 AM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

Brenda's back! WOO HOO!!! There can never be enough baby pictures!!! (cardboard pizza?) We want more baby pictures!!! (spinach salad?) Katherine is VERY cute and deserves to have her picture all over your blog! (spaghetti?) Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging again, even though it's not a knitting post. If it's any consolation, I spend most of my day sleeping, eating, and screaming too. :) I LOVE YOU!!! (cheeseburgers and fries?)

 
At December 11, 2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Joy said...

She's a cutie, and I'm so glad to see that you have survived the first two months with a bit of a sense of humor still intact. And since I already had dinner in the oven (turkey cranberry wreath -- yes, it's from frozen Thanksgiving leftovers), I thoroughly enjoyed your baby pictures!

How about the carpet situation? Do you have completely new carpet yet?

 
At December 14, 2006 9:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Brenda,

I am so glad to see you are back on line and feeling better. I was starting to get a little worried about you. She looks wonderful. Healthy and happy. You cant ask for more than that. I am so glad she is doing so well. I miss you.

 
At January 04, 2007 8:14 PM, Blogger Joy said...

TAG! You're it!

Check my blog for details. :)

 
At January 24, 2007 3:45 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Happy Birthday! I hope all is going well and that you aren't too buried in snow!

 
At February 01, 2007 1:42 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

May we have some more baby pictures please? And thank you?

 
At February 01, 2007 1:43 PM, Blogger brooke t. higgins said...

The word verification for that last comment was "xkrmt". So when you finish cleaning up baby "xkrmt" will you please post more baby pictures? :)

(That's funny.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home